Corporate Health & Wellbeing
Roundwood can offer a bespoke corporate health and well-being programme for your company.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) which can range from a short episode of back pain to a complex, long term condition such as rheumatoid arthritis, are one off the main reasons for people being off work. These conditions can also link to other mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression, which are associated with stress and are responsible for the most working days lost in the UK. Psychosocial factors such as work place culture can in turn impact on the development of MSDs.
Recent research has shown that 40% of all UK sickness absence is due to work-related MSDs. This equates to 9.5 million working days lost due to work-related MSDs and a further 9.9 million working days lost due to work-related stress. Sickness absence from work currently costs the UK £14.3 billion.
Who benefits from out Corporate Health and Well-being Programme?
At Roundwood Health Clinic we understand that when your workforce is constantly travelling, in meetings, running hectic schedules or if they are under the physical strains manual handling tasks, they can easily develop aches and pains.
Whilst anyone can benefit from physiotherapy treatment, there are specific work environments that would benefit from having physiotherapy input. These can include:
- Workers who perform repetitive tasks
- Workers who have long work hours or put in overtime
- Workers who travel extensively
- Workers who sit in front of a laptop or desktop for long periods
- Workers involved in manual handling
- Companies wanting to promote a healthy work environment
- Companies that understand the correlation between happy, healthy employees and higher productivity and staff retention levels
- Companies that understand working pain free is a conduit to productivity
Roundwood Health Clinic’s Corporate Plan focuses on a proactive rather than reactive approach to creating healthy working environments, which can be achieved by offsite and onsite methods implementing a hands-on physiotherapy plan. Our corporate physiotherapy packages will ensure a cost- effective way of reducing sickness absence and addressing any musculoskeletal concerns that may be preventing your employees from achieving their optimal performance. These include:
- Keeping staff pain free
- Reduce absenteeism / speed up return to work
- Staff working at optimum levels
- Increase staff productivity
- Increase staff health and wellbeing
- Increase staff morale
- Saving your company money
- Enable the employee to understand prevention of disease chronicity, re-occurrence, and strategies to self-manage effectively
A Bespoke plan for your company
At Roundwood Health Clinic we are able to offer a bespoke programme of care for your company. Examples of this include:
- Off site physiotherapy treatment clinic (Roundwood Health Clinic is conveniently located just off junction 37 of the M1 near Barnsley town centre. We are able to offer early morning, late evening and Saturday morning appointments to suit employees working patterns).
- Joint and Spinal Assessments (Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar)
- Long term sick leave prevention, rehabilitation and return to work programs
- Post surgery rehabilitation
- Ergonomic workstation assessments
- Driving ergonomics assessment
- Personalised exercise plans
- Telephone support if required in between appointments
- Regular liaison between physiotherapist and line manager
- Low back pain management presentations including a practical Pilates taster session
- Additional services including Pilates and Yoga classes
- Well-being at work treatments including massage and reflexology (delivered at Roundwood Health Clinic)
- Talking therapies such as counselling and psychotherapy to support mental health conditions
As the area’s largest and well established clinic we have built good relationships with a wide range of local businesses. Our variety of services and expert knowledge will help your company and workforce achieve their goals. To discuss a bespoke corporate health and well-being plan please contact us at Roundwood Health Clinic on (01226) 282560 or via email email@example.com.